Care & Cleaning
WHY HAVE A PPE CARE AND MAINTENANCE PROGRAM?
Turnout gear harbours smoke, bacteria and other fire ground/rescue contaminants that can be absorbed through the skin or inhaled.
If gear is not properly cleaned, thick layers of potentially flammable materials can also build on the outer surface of equipment, increasing the risk of igniting while fighting a fire and act as abrasives that can prematurely degrade the outer shell material.
Fireservice Management extends the life of PPE equipment in compliance with NFPA 1851 and NFPA 1971 Standards.
- Cost Effective Alternative to Garment Replacement
- Eliminates Biological Hazards
- Prolongs Life of Turnout Gear
- Reduces Wear on Garment From Contaminants
- Maintains Fire Retardant Qualities
- Reduces Heat Absorption
- Improves Breathability of Outer Shell
- Reduces Occupational Health Liability