UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
- Longer length for maximum coverage
- Tapered back and notched shoulders enable bib to lie flat on back and front
- Covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- Label is sewn down on all four sides for comfort and permanency
- Outer shell and lining are Lenzing FR®, Meta-Aramid, High-Tenacity Nylon- approx. 6 oz. sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendered to minimize laundry shrinkage.
STITCH TYPE AND SEAMS
- All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
- Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
- Drape attachment to top is done with stitch type 401 and reinforced with stitch type 605.
- Elastic in face opening is erged in with stitch type 503 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
- Composed of two layer top and bib.
- Top is seamed from top of face opening to bib in back with a six thread flat seam for comfort. Bib is assembled and joined around circumference of top with two thread serge and then 5 thread cover-stitched for extra strength.
- Face opening is circular in shape and surged with x-heavy duty ½"-wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods.) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
- The bottom edge of bib is bound with self-material bias binding and contoured at shoulders allowing the hood to drape on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
FINISHED HOOD MEASUREMENTS
1.) Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter
2.) Length of hood below face opening approx. 11"
3.) Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15"
4.) Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19"
One size hood fits all.
LABELING AND USER INFORMATION
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification. Date of Manufacture and Care Instructions. Affixed to each hood is a complete users information guide.
MEETS OR EXCEEDS ALL INDUSTRY STANDARDS
UL Classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971-Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA. Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E Current Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. Arc Rating: 10.7 - Hazard Risk Category: 2