PGI Cobra BarriAire Silver Particulate Blocking Hood - COMPREHENSIVE Coverage
Extended Bib with Nomex® Nano Flex Sure‑Fit™ Panel and Face Opening
Particulate coverage throughout entire head including Sure‑Fit™ panel at crown. Front and back bib extends particulate barrier coverage beyond critical areas as identified by NFPA – Maximum Protection. UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition. Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection – Current Edition.
- Three layers of proven Nomex® FR fabrics for excellent heat, flame and thermal resistance with improved tensile and tear strength for longer wear life.
- BarriAire™ Silver Hoods combine two layers of industry leading Nomex® FR fabric and a middle layer of ultra‑lightweight, DuPont™ Nomex® Nano Flex fabric, which can inhibit penetration of many small size harmful particles.
- PGI laminated BarriAire™ composite fabrics recently achieved Viral Filtration Efficiency (VFE) Rating of 99.7% and Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) Rating of 99.9%.*
- Innovative gravure lamination process, which covers only 50% of the material and supports improved air permeability and flexibility.
- The pore matrix created by the Nomex® Nano Flex fiber allows moisture absorption three times faster than PTFE laminates.
- The materials and lamination process create a composite fabric that is stable and has unparalleled particulate efficiency, comfort and protection.
- Exceeds industry standards of blocking 90 percent of particles between 0.1 and 1.0 microns in size.
- Outer shell fabric features a proprietary DWR finish which allows hood to dry 2x‑3x faster than non-treated fabrics, reduces build‑up of toxic residue that is easily absorbed by non-treated fabrics and enhances the release of contaminates during washing.
- Built-in stretch and recovery, to better conform to the head and neck for true one size fits all sizing.
- Stylish silver color allows you to detect when the hood’s soiled and needs cleaning.
- Fabric is inherently static resistant.
- Generous cut with a little “ease” built into the design so the hood doesn’t fit skin tight — creates a layer of air between the hood and head which improves thermal resistance from flame and heat.
- Enhanced stitching, with major seams flat seamed stitch assembled.
- Extra-long length (23") front and back, ensures hood stays tucked‑in even after laundry shrinkage.
- UL Certified thermal patch label facilitates tracking and identification through barcoding, sequential numbering and personalization.
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition.
- Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection – Current Edition.
- *As conducted by Nelson Labs, U.S.A.
BarriAire Silver Laminate FR Composite: An innovative lamination process, which covers only 50% of the material, allows for great air permeability and flexibility. The pore matrix created by the Nomex® Nano Flex fiber allows moisture absorption three times faster than PTFE laminates. The materials and lamination process creates a fabric that has unparalleled particulate efficiency, comfort and protection.
Sizing: One Size Fits All