- Radiant Shell - Z-Flex® A-601 Aluminized Texturized Fiberglass
- Insulation Layers - Z-Flex® F-628 AF Foil & Fiberglass Insulation
- Thermal Liner - Quilted Nomex® liner
- Ambient Temp: 800 °F
- Radiant Temp: 3000 °F
- Jacket & Pants Only*: 16 lbs (7.3 kg)
- Total Ensemble*: 25 lbs (11.3 kg)
- *Weights are approximate. Actual weights may vary.
The X40 Insulated Proximity Suit is a moderately insulated aluminized suit designed for industrial applications. The suit features a Z-Flex® aluminized outer shell which reflects 95% of radiant heat and withstands radiant temperatures up to 3000°F (1650°C). In addition to providing outstanding protection, Z-Flex® is also the most durable aluminized material available and will not de-laminate under even the most demanding conditions. A foil layer beneath the outer shell acts as a secondary defense against radiant heat, and a layer of fiberglass insulation provides protection even during extended exposure to extreme temperatures. The Quilted Nomex® thermal liner provides superior protection from conductive and convective heat. This suit can be used in a wide range of industries including foundries, petrochemical plants, processing facilities, and other environments where workers are exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Zipper closure & velcro storm fly
- Cinch at waist for athletic fit
- Pouch for SCBA
- Optional: Pockets with flap closure
- Suspenders for adjustable length
- Cinch on cuffs for adjustment
- Easy-on design
- For wear over work boots
- Leather sole for grip
- Hard cap with ratchet adjustment*
- Full shoulder length drape
- Polycarbonate lens with gold film
- Rounded bib & elasticized straps
- Three finger gauntlet style
- Aluminized back & ZetexPlus palm
- Ballistic nylon duffle bag
- Nomex® balaclava
The X Series suits incorporate the latest apparel design features to provide outstanding flexibility, dexterity, and comfort while maximizing safety and efficiency. With more than a dozen options, we are certain that you will find an X Series suit that meets your requirements.
When selecting a proximity or fire entry suit, it is important to consider the convective, conductive, and radiant heat risks in your work area and the length of exposure to that heat. The advanced aluminized outer shell of the X Series suits provides the ultimate protection from radiant energy, the heat transmitted from all hot objects. The X Series also provides protection from conductive and convective heat. The level of conductive and convective protection increases with each suit as you move from the most lightest suit to the heaviest.
The Thermal Protective Performance (TPP) graph above illustrates the relative protective values of the X30 and X40 suits in relation to each other. The TPP test exposes samples to convective and radiant heat sources and measures the heat transferred through the test specimen to calculate a tolerance time to 2nd degree burn. The levels of exposure are extreme and not representative of most real world scenarios. Real world industrial maintenance and emergency response environments are likely to be unpredictable and vary from test conditions. We recommend only professionally trained industrial workers and first responders use these suits under established safety protocols.