PGI 3802098-SF Cobra Elite SureFit - Para-Tek FR Tri-Blend Black
Style # 3802098SF
Material : Para-Tek FR™ Tri-Blend Black
DESIGN : Double ply hood, with Extra Long Double ply bib, tapered back with notched shoulders
- Double-ply hood with 3" wide panel for contoured fit
- XL length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Tapered back and notched shoulder design helps bib
- lie flat in front and back
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- Label is sewn down on all four sides for comfort and permanency
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
Para-Tek FR™ is PGI’s proprietary Tri-Blend that leverages the benefits of three fibers – High Strength Para-Aramid, Lenzing FR®, and High Tenacity Nylon. PGI solution dyes all three fibers. The main benefit of solution dyeing is that the dye pigment is added to the polymer before the fiber is extruded into yarn. The color, therefore, is an inherent part of the yarn itself making it the most permanent dye method possible. Fading due to sun exposure is virtually eliminated. Color loss from abrasive cleaning agents is also highly unlikely. For those concerned about chemicals and the environment, the solution dyeing process itself is eco-friendly, using little water or energy.The end result is a lightweight, breathable hood that offers exceptional flame and heat resistance and a high arc rating – 32 (Level 3).
When tested for vertical char length the Para-Tek FR fabric had the lowest char lengths we’ve ever seen averaging 9mm (.36”) in the wales direction and 12mm (.48”) in the courses direction after five launderings. For comparison purposes, 100% Nomex has more than four times longer char lengths in the wales direction and over three times longer char lengths in the courses direction. Thermal Protective Performance (TPP) results were equally impressive with a TPP rating of 34.8 after five washings. Only the PBI/Lenzing FR blend with our Comfort Plus™ liner – 38 TPP rating, had a better rating. Other properties of Para-Tek FR include:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Low thermal shrinkage
- Excellent TPP rating – 34.8 after five washings
- Superb flame resistance – lowest vertical char lengths of all hood fabrics
- Excellent Arc Flash protection (Highest arc rating of all hood fabrics) –
ATPV = 32 HRC 3 (On double ply hoods)
ATPV = 10 (On single ply hoods)
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Excellent resistance to welding sparks and splatter – Resists pin-holing from welding sparks and splatter
- Exceptional wear life
- Great Value. Low initial cost, combined with long wear life
- Comfortable. Excellent moisture absorbency – wicks moisture off skin so it can easily evaporate. Fabric also has excellent breathability
- Lightweight – 6 oz. / sq. yd.
- Black color – Hides soil
Both outer shell and lining are Lenzing FR®, High Strength Para-Aramid, High-Tenacity Nylon - approx. 6 oz sq yd
1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
STITCH TYPE AND SEAMS
All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
Drape attachment to top is done with stitch type 401 and reinforced with stitch type 605.
Elastic in face opening is erged in with stitch type 503 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
Composed of a two layer top, bib and 3” wide Sure-Fit™panel for improved comfort, fit and performance.
Top is seamed from top of face opening to bib in back with a six thread flat seam for comfort. Bib is assembled and joined around circumference of top with two thread serge and then 5 thread cover-stitched for extra strength.Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½" wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
The bottom edge of bib is bound with self-material bias binding and contoured at shoulders allowing the hood to drape on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
FINISHED HOOD MEASUREMENTS
1.) Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter
2.) Length of hood below face opening approx. 11"
3.) Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15"
4.) Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19"
Size: One size hood fits all
Labeling and User Information
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Affixed to each hood is a complete users information guide.
Meets or exceeds industry standards
UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971- Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA, , Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E Current Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 32 – Hazard / Risk Category: 3.