BarriAire Gold – Complete Particulate Coverage includes front and back bib. Extends particulate barrier coverage beyond critical areas as identified by NFPA – Maximum Protection.
Blocks more than 90% of particulates 1 micron in size
Superior Comfort – Increased Protection – Maximum Durability
• Outer layer: PGI proprietary gold FR fabric
• Inner layer: ultra-lightweight, DuPont™ Nomex® Nano-Flex fabric
• Inhibits penetration of harmful particles from asbestos, drywall and soot
• Won’t compromise the firefighter’s ability to communicate within their surroundings
- PGI’s Proprietary Fabric
- Where you see quilting is where the Particulate Barrier is enclosed
- Blocks 90% or more of particulate 1 micron or smaller
- Excellent flame and thermal resistance.
- Exceptional breathability
- Inside of fabric wicks moisture from skin through fabric to outer shell where it can evaporate keeping the wearer dry and comfortable.
- Outer shell has DWR finish which reduces the build-up of toxic residue that can easily be absorbed by non-treated fabric and enhances the release of contaminates in the wash cycle. Additionally, the DWR finish enables the hood to dry 2 to 3 times faster than non-treated fabric
- Lightweight – weighs about the same as hoods without a Particulate Barrier.
- Fabric has a soft hand and is hypoallergenic making it comfortable against the skin.
- Unlike some Particulate Barrier hoods, PGI’s BarriAire™ Gold hoods have just enough stretch and recovery to allow it to conform well to the head and neck and allow us to make one size fits all sizing
- Attractive gold color allows you to see when the hood’s soiled and in need of cleaning.
- Fabric has excellent tensile and tear strength for long wear life
- Generous cut with a little “ease” built into the design so the hood doesn’t fit skin tight. This creates a layer of air between the hood and head which improves thermal resistance from flame and heat
- All sewing and quilting done with CRAQ SPUN AR Meta Aramid thread
- Extra-long length (23”) front and back makes sure hood stays tucked-in even after laundering shrinkage
SUGGESTED ORDER – 2 hoods per FF, one to use and one that may be in the wash.
They always need a clean back up hood on hand!